April 09, 2013

What is happening with our NHS???

We had a call half an hour ago from Mr Flint's booking person and we were expecting him to say either your bed is available, make your way down to Birmingham OR we're sorry there isn't a bed today we're rescheduling it for tomorrow. We didn't get either of those options, what we got was "there is a bed available for you but unfortunately the Theatre Manager hasn't ordered the tools we need to do the operation".  WHAAAAT!!

This sodding Theatre Manager has caused all the hold ups to this operation being done, since last October. How can this happen again and again and again with no one being accountable for the continuous cockups.

I was so angry I wanted to get him by the throat and throttle him. Next I wanted to scream at someone - LOUDLY, then I just wanted to cry.

What a waste of the Surgeons time, the Pre-Admission staff's time, our day going down for the pre-admissions and probably more people in the chain as well. What a complete waste of money.

I rang the Staff Nurse at Pre Admissions, she was really good when we were down there, she gave me the number of PALS Patient something Liaison Service but I had to get Mark to talk to them, I would have just completely lost my rag and it's not their fault.  Poor Mark was nearly in tears when the guy said it was cancelled. They're going to look into it and set a complaint in motion and it should be taken all the way to the Chief Exec. If it isn't we're going to take it to him/her.

Having said all that, it's absolutely NO consolation that we can make a complaint - all we want is for Mark to have the operation.

At this stage all we know is it won't be until May because Mr Flint is away or doesn't have space to do it. 

We are both very down now, we need a pick-me-up each, not sure what that is going to be.

No comments: