August 08, 2011

Consequences of me doing car maintenance

One of the headlight bulbs in the car has been out for a couple of weeks and I've been waiting for Mark to be able to supervise me in changing it. Saturday was that day. I've mentioned the Barbara Bus a few times, it's our means of transport when I take Mark out, well it doesn't live on the Hospital Grounds, apparently the hospital won't give permission for that …........ it lives a short way a way in the grounds of the Hospice. When we use the bus I leave my car parked in it's space to keep it free for when I get back (if all this sounds a pain believe me it is) anyway I take Mark up to where the car was parked so he can keep an eye on me doing something under the bonnet. As I'm peering in to where the bulbs are my glasses are getting in the way so I take them off and place them on the fuse box just in front of me – can you see what's coming yet? Before I get very far with my maintenance it starts to rain so Mark and I retire back into the Barbara Bus until it stops. It goes on drizzling, and on and on, so eventually I said I'm putting my jacket on and getting it done or we'll be here all day. So that's what I did, with Mark shouting instructions from Barbara Bus. OK, job done, bonnet closed, get back in Barbara Bus to go to the movies and off we go. We're about half a mile down the road when I think 'I haven't got my glasses on', Oh POO!!! I know exactly where they are. Back to the car, open the bonnet and there, just where I left them is the eye pieces with no arms and two chunks missing from where the arms used to be attached. Oh POO!! now I've got Pinc Nez. You just have to laugh, well I did, Mark didn't see the funny side at all. If I didn't laugh about a lot of things right now, I'd probably start screaming and not stop.

Sunday. Me with my Pince Nez and Mark with jumper and jacket set off to spend the day out in the community. It poured down all morning and we're going to a BBQ. Well it is summertime in England what else should we expect! However, by late afternoon the rain stopped and we even saw a little sunshine so cooking took place outside and we even stretched to eating outside all sitting around a Chiminea, utter madness.

Mark did well, even though he was falling alseep right after we'd eaten. The drug Baclofen that he takes to help with the muscle spasms makes him drowsy which is a pain, he's constantly falling asleep, sometimes in the middle of me talking to him – some might say that's nothing new.

No comments: