April 24, 2013

First near cock up

With only a week to go before next op, I'm paranoid that something stupid is going to get in the way of it happening.  My paranoia is well founded as it seems.

We went to our local doctors today for Mark to have another blood test as his pre assessment rather than trailing all the way down to Birmingham again. Before we went I rang the hospital in Birmingham to make sure I had the information for where the results had to go. Great, should be no problems now I have that.

Not so.  When we got to the doctors explained to the nurse why we needed the blood test again she first asks 'what tests do they need, they usually send a form from the hospital to tell us'. Needless to say that form hadn't been sent. I go cold at this point thinking, cockup number one!  I ring the pre admissions dept at the hospital and we speak to a nurse to get the information we need. Blood taken and the nurse assures us the results should be back before we have to go to Birmingham next Tuesday. No guarantee though. 

I am ever the optimist, but somehow in the back of my mind is a little voice ... 'if it can go wrong it will' with regards to this op.  I really hope I'm proved wrong.

No comments: